Friday, August 20, 2010

The Big Yellow Pillow Part 2

In my previous post, I related about how I conquered the big yellow pillow E gave us (which he put in the living room).

E leaves us contained in his bedroom when he leaves the house (so we are closer to the balcony where we poop and pee) and he also contains us in the bedroom at night (E says for the same poop/pee reason, but I think E just wants us close at night just in case he gets lonely). When I staked my claim to this pillow, I didn't get the time to do it properly (as it was sleeptime and we went to E's bedroom).

Well, last night, while we were playing, I found my chance to properly take full dog-legal possesion of my pillow. I peed on it.

When E saw how I marked my dominion, he immediately got the pillow and put it on a chair (too high for us to reach). I'm pretty sure it will completely disappear from us in a day or two.

What was he thinking? Didn't he know that by peeing on it, I am marking my doggy territory? That by peeing on the pillow I am sending a message to King (and to all those dogs who may visit) that this pillow is off limits without my permission?

If humans marks their conquest by putting a flag on it (as Sir Edmund Hillary did when he climbed Mt. Everest and went to both poles), we dogs mark our territory by peeing.

Oh well, I guess humans will never really like our pee (and poop for that matter). I guess this will forever be a communication barriers between humans and dogs.

Here's a photo of me inspecting my new dominion. (If you look closer, you can see King being a mere spectator).




KYLIE, the beautiful

P.S., I'm pretty sure that Sir Edmund Hillary also peed at the summit of Mt. Everest and on the two poles

No comments:

Post a Comment